I believe that I made a similar post to this last year, but I decided to talk about it again (If I haven’t already). I hope to make this a part of a vlog on my YouTube channel (I will have Touré be a part of it as well, cause the looks that people are giving us when they see us together.. oh boy, can’t freakin wait to talk bout it).
First off… what inspired me to make this post is due to that fact that Touré was live streaming one of his favorite games, Rocket League, and while he was doing so, he was telling his viewers about a little fact about him and I (The conversation started when I was telling one of my friends about how my ex gave me back my PS2 and such, and it actually went on from there) about our age (Yes, he’s 21 and I’m 26. Bet ya didn’t know that, eh?). Then what fueled the fire was the fact that he told his viewers about how we get looks from people everywhere we go when they see us together. It’s like, they 95% bash him for dating a ‘cute, adorable girl’ like me who looks younger than him, then when they find out about my age, that’s when the whole accusations stop. They’re finally cool with us dating, but still. Oh, and as far as I go, I get the ‘Why tf is she dating a guy like him, who looks like he could be from the streets’’?!’ looks from em.
All of the accusations and I guess you can say… oh, stereotypical thoughts finally subside when they find out the real truth about us:
1. He’s 21, and I’m 26. Yea, I really don’t look like I’m 26, but hey… looking younger than your real age is a blessing and a curse.
2. We’re a gaming couple. We not only love video games, but we also listen to rock, heavy metal, jazz (Also nighttime jazz), and other types of music, such as from video games and international music.
3. We are way different than the ‘typical black people’ that most everyone sees now and days (The ones that like to do drugs, gang-bang, listen to today’s rap and hip-hop, those who like to ‘twerk’ and do the ‘whip’ and the ‘nae nae’ and such.. I could go on and on about that. Oh, and did I mention that we’re really intelligent and that one of our main life goals is to become financially stable? That’s something that today’s society doesn’t mention now and days, is the fact that there are black people who are actually intelligent, going to school and getting their education, cause they want to be successful in life. They don’t want to be part of the ‘norm’ that society sees us now and days). We’re not from the streets, nor do we want to be. I can continue on from it, but I’ll stop it right here.
The fact that people are bashing us and giving us negative looks for being different and for how we look is just disgusting beyond belief. I mean, sure I’m from the suburbs and he’s from the city, and he’s Ghanaian and I’m Black, White, Native American, and Asian, but that doesn’t give you the right to tell us that I need to date someone my age, or I need to date someone who’s within my skin color (I believe that’s like the number 2 reason why people look at us in disgust, is cause he’s a darker skin color than me, which freakin urks the crap out of me).
Here’s how the rules of today’s society works (This is just my understanding of it, but your views on it may vary):
1. People who are gay, lesbian, trans, bi, ect. doesn’t belong in this society.
2. If you’re black, you “have” to be part of the ‘norm’ in order to be considered popular, which means you have to smoke, drink, listen and dance to today’s rap and hip-hop, be part of a gang, ect. If you’re against it or if you are different, you are an outcast, and therefore, gonna be made fun of, and so on.
3. If you are light or dark-skinned, and are dating someone from a different race or who is lighter or darker than your complexion (Or if you’re white and are dating a black person, you will get frown upon and bashed.
4. If you are an older woman dating a younger man (Even if you are educated), you are considered a cougar.
5. If you’re black and listen to rock, heavy metal, jazz, international (Such as French, Chinese, Japanese, ect.), techno, ect., dress up like you’re a rocker, cosplay, or wear video games and band shirts, you will get looked at in disgust and talked about by the “normal crowd (Those who sag their pants, wear ridculous outfits that look like you’re from the hood, and listen to nothing but poisoning-induced today’s rap and hip hop)”.
Finally (I can go on and on about it, but I’m not):
6. If you are a man (Sometimes a black man who looks like he’s from the streets or a thug, who actually is just an intelligent, educated guy who’s either living in the suburbs or in a safe place from the the chaos in the state, I.E. someone living on the North side of Chicago, staying away from the South and West sides) and dating someone who looks younger than she really is and/or is cute (Who is also just as smart as you are, and perhaps a gamer girl, ect.), then you are also gonna get bashed on and stared at A LOT.
I think I made my point here today, but before I go, I really need to say this:
Dating someone who’s much younger (If you’re say, 25 and your bf/gf is 18, it’s okay, just as long as you’re not dating a minor) or older than you is okay!
If you’re black and your lover is white (Or vice versa), mixed (Or in this case, a darker or lighter shade of color than you), then that’s okay as well!
Basically put, don’t judge a person (or a couple) by their looks, skin color, or nationality, and also if he/she/they are poor, rich, or whatnot!
F**k today’s society and their “rules”. Also, f**k anyone who doesn’t like Touré and I dating due to our age and such, just cause it’s not “approved for today’s society”. They can look, but they don’t know a beautiful, handsome, mixed couple when they see it.
That’s all I gotta say. End of story.
P.S., A honorable mention go out to Kodzo’s (It’s just my baby’s YouTube name and also his middle name as well. Check out his videos and live stream, and also, subscribe to him as well, cause he does live streams and video of 1080p, 60fps for all of you gamers out there!) live stream of Rocket League: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwS4KSMT9EY (If you want to skip ahead to where he and I talk bout how people gives us looks in a negative way and such, go to 2:46:47). That’s where I got inspired to make this post. I really have to say this from the bottom of my heart: Thank you Touré Apawu for the inspiration and for everything that you have done to and for me!