Where have I been for the past few to several weeks? Well, here’s what has been going on:
1. I’ve gotten a new job (Yay me.. after 3 years of job searching, it finally paid off!! Thank you Jesus!!) 3 weeks ago, and so far, I am LOVING IT. Also, I got baptized on the same day that I got hired. It was a good day.
2. Trying to juggle between two jobs (Yes, I’m still at my current job, but that will actually change. More on that in a few moments).. it’s kinda hard, but so far, I have been doing a great job of it.
3. Church, and spending time with my soulmate. We’re getting ready to do Scrooge the Musical again, so it’s gonna get even more busy for me.
4. Family stuff, as always.
Finally, 5. More traveling to and from both jobs. More on that in a little bit.
So yes, recently I’ve gotten a new job at Starbucks (Finally.. got my new job).. well, not directly in Starbucks, but in Starbucks.. inside of Target. Here are the up and downsides to this new change:
- So far, I’m loving it.. I get to create, try, and make drinks!! My new coworkers and managers are awesome!! They’re like family here.
- I get to hand out stickers to children (They love it when I actually do that)!
- I get paid more than my first job (..and I got a raise last week too!)
- It’s in a very nice and safe neighborhood, near other food places, Walmart, and more. I’m actually familiar with the area, cause I know relatives that live at and nearby there, so if I have to work in the morning, I can stay with them, and save gas.
- I don’t have to leave my job to get food for lunch and stuff, cause there’s a Pizza Hut right next to where I work! Score!!
- More hours to work than my other job… almost to a full time job, mostly, and overtime.. this is mostly perfect!
- I get to wear my graphic shirts (As long as they’re mostly red.. any type of red, actually, if I’m on the registers) and any types of shoes (As long as they’re closed-toed). Since my main responsibility is at Starbucks, I have to wear black (Which I don’t mind at all, cause I have to wear black at my church. Plus, I mostly have black shirts to wear, which means.. I don’t have to shop for work clothes.. except for red shirts and khaki pants, which I got that out of the way). This is.. perfect! Now I don’t have to worry about wearing dress shoes everyday!!
- I gotta commute 45 mins-1 hr (Depending on traffic) to and from work, since I now work near west (Compared to 15 mins to and from my other job). To me, it’s not all that bad, but that will all change once I move near my new job (Hopefully within the next year or so).
- Along with the time I gotta travel to and from, I now have to pay for gas every few days (Depending on how many days I have to work). It’s gonna get annoying overtime, but once I move near my job, I won’t have to worry bout it so much.
- Juggling between two jobs for right now… yea, it’s kinda not so bad, but considering the hours that I gotta go to and from both jobs (1+ hour each), it’ll only be temporary, until I can transfer to the one near my other job (8 mins to and from)… right?
Nope. As of a few days ago, I just found out that my transfer request has been canceled, which sucks balls. I was hoping that I could continue to work both jobs, until I get my first review, but… sadly, it’s not gonna work, as my other job intercepts with my new job.
Sadly, I’m gonna have to quit my first job and work my new job.. which I don’t mind at all, actually.. thinking it long and hard recently. I wish things could’ve worked out for the better, but… in the end, I have to do what’s best for me, and the best thing to do.. is to let the other job go. I hate to do it, I really do…, but as the saying goes: Breaking up (..or in this case, letting go) is hard to do. It’s better this way.
Stay tuned to part two, and see what happens next when I give out my first resignation letter to my first job.